Wednesday 2 December 2015

Coins samples

  My first attempt of making a coin for my necklace. I cut a circle out of cardboard and glued on it wire and threads. I used the wire to create the cross and the thread for the small circles. When I made sure the materials wouldn't come off, I covered the coin with gold craft paper.
I like the ending result, as the coin looks also old, like it's been through many hands. The only thing I would change is that instead of threads for the circles I would use wire again, because threads are not that solid, and the texture is not as good as with the wire.


The back of the coin in the small picture. I cut a circle of the gold craft paper and glued it on the back.


I tried to make another coin using paper as an alternative material for the details, but it didn't work very good. The paper is not solid enough, so the texture of the coin is not bold enough, and you can't understand what the details are exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment