Wednesday 13 January 2016

Final piece/Evaluation



The book I chose at the beginning of the project was "The Hobbit". It's very obvious while reading the book that greediness is present, and can be seen in many characters at some point of the story. So, I wanted to stick with that idea for my final piece, and the first thing that came in my mind related to greed was coins. Also, the lore of "The Hobbit" and Middle Earth in general is full of important and valuable jewelry, so I thought to make coins and put them altogether in a necklace.  

The chain is made of two strings of golden wire mingled together. I chose to do that, to make the chain stronger and beacuse I thought it would look better than just one string of wire. In the back of the chain I made a hook and a slip knot, again with wire, so someone can actually wear and remove the necklace.

I made the coins as I described in another post ( http://myhobbitproject.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/coins-samples.html ), but in the end I put them in the intaglio printing pressing machine, so the wire I used for the patterns got into the cardboard. I preferred that result, since it made the patterns look better, and the texture was more interesting. 



                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment