Monday 16 November 2015

Paper crafts

Since I would like to work with paper for this project, I thought of take a look in paper crafts associated with The Hobbit.
                                                                   
 







This papercut made by Devian artist ''FarTooManyIdeas'', is a beautifully crated copy of the dragon Smaug from the book. It's made to look like it's coming out of the book, which happens to be The Hobbit.
If you look closely at the left image, you can see a small Bilbo staring at Smaug. A detail that I loved.
In general, I found the idea amazing, to mix a 3D piece of art with the book it's coming from.
















A 2D papercut, made with a combination of black and white paper. I love how simple it looks and not overwhelming at all, when in reality it has many details.
Also, the artist, chose to picture in a A3 sheet of paper, many different and important scenes from the book, choice that I find really smart.
Bilbo leaves behind his early adventures, spiders and Gollum, to meet his final one, the great dragon Smaug.

No comments:

Post a Comment